Friday, March 16, 2018

Stuck At Home On My Day Off Blather.

It seems my blushing bride scheduled 3 different service people in to work on the house and didn't tell me about it. I had planned head out to the Indy 1500 Gun and Knife show but that may be a pipe dream at this point. I need a few specialty items that require this type of show in order to get them. I'm hoping to see a bunch of panty waist protestors, but I doubt it.

Last night we went out with some friends to dinner and they had a wall of TV's that I was facing. It seems the 4 different channels were in "if it bleeds, it leads" mode. The protests, the Texas chemical factory explosion, pulse nightclub info release, and stubby fingers the president's visit with the crybaby from canada. It's an absolute crapshow. Just wish dinner had been more interesting. Could have been had I known that some gal was mean mugging my eldest son for wearing a USCCA shirt on walkout day. He wore it to school as well and many of his peers were appreciative and supportive. I really didn't want him to make himself a target for his 2 progressive teachers, but he's old enough now to make his own decisions on wardrobe.

I don't miss cable, for sure. 6 years now without it? We only have subscriptions for Netflix and Amazon Prime. Our internet is paid for by the wife's employer so we run cheap here. My kids don't spend inordinate amounts of time staring at a screen anyway, they go play. Riding bikes, building things in the garage, sorting brass(if dad makes them), and lots of homework.

Just got in from selling a dirtbike that's been sitting around for a while now. No reason to keep the things we don't use. It's kind of nice selling things off to people who will use them. Guy from work wanted it.

So my customer wanted some specialty work done and required we have medically trained people there- I qualify- so they consented immediately. Then I get a phone call stating we are required to have an AED on site as well, in a facility that has more than 50 already?!?! I go checking to see how much they are and holy steakburger! They got expensive! 16-1700 a pop, then I have to have it certified. Grrrrr. I ended up training 3 people on the same contract on AED use, and the certification company's website is down now so I can't give them the certs they require for Monday. That has been my last few days in a nutshell.

Looks like one of my repair techs will be earlier than expected, so I may not miss the 1500 after all. Not certain at this point, but maybe. Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's keep it clean and legal, as if you were sitting in my living room enjoying a nice glass of iced tea. Profanity or explicit posts will not be tolerated. Enjoy!